Higbeetown

B

BarryC

Anyone ever heard of this place? Recently I've driven from where I work at the Marriott Seaview, up Route 9 past Port Republic, to New Gretna and beyond. Somewhere along Route 9 I passed this sign that says "Entering Higbeetown in Galloway Township". It's aproximately here: http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=1...2&s=50&size=m&u=0&layer=DRG25
I've never heard of it. I just found it listed on a list of local names in Atlantic County, but that's all. If anyone knows anything, or has heard anything, I'm interested to know.
Thanks,
Barry

B

BarryC

Well from riding up Route 9 through it, all I could see was lots of woods and a few modern houses.
BEHR655 said:
Barry,

I've never heard of it. What was there?

Steve

crazyoz

Feb 21, 2005
Wall NJ
Yea I have been up route 9 a few times and gone through. It really doesnt seem like there is much in town. Mostly some old houses abandon cars and such.

Roostriz

Scout
Feb 16, 2005
Egg Harbor
Barry,
In that area I think you will find a few little places like that. I lived on Brook Lane, we were in "conovertown" It really isnt known to anyone unless you see the sign for it and consists of maybe three streets between ours an seaview. Obviuosly its just considered galloway now, I think higbee is much the same.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Roostriz said:
Barry,
In that area I think you will find a few little places like that. I lived on Brook Lane, we were in "conovertown" It really isnt known to anyone unless you see the sign for it and consists of maybe three streets between ours an seaview. Obviuosly its just considered galloway now, I think higbee is much the same.

Barry does not post here anymore.

Guy