High Crossing never disappoints

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
This morning . I am standing with my back to High Crossing looking north on Tuckerton Road.

P1020466s.jpg

P1020464s.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have always wondered this Dogg,especially when there is a go around that seems to be much safer.takes all kinds,Mostly kids who have parents that will by them a new monster truck when they bust all the gears in their front end and snap both axles on whatever was left in the hole by the last person that got stuck.

Reactions: dogg57
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
The sad part about this is no just the fact that he has to now worry about getting the truck out of there and home, but the fact that the interior floor is destroyed. Depending on if his rear-end has a breather that's above the water line, that will have to be drained and cleaned. We don't know if sucked water into the intake or not, thus hydro-locking the engine. Another huge expense. It's going to be a pretty expensive lesson, full of inconveniences.

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
What is the attraction on this road? I wonder if their GPS is sending them down Quaker Bridge Road. Someone lost would be more likely to try it. It’s obviously they are not familiar with the area, that hole has been there forever. This truck is in there pretty far; with mud all over it he was going to fast. An inexperienced 4wheeler may think he can drive through anything. When you see a go around your should know you are not going down the road. GermanG make a good point the go around don’t look very good either.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
It would be nice if this pond gets removed. This is a well traveled road as far as piney roads go and would be nice if it was repaired. I remember when this road was an easy and safe ride and part of a long loop I used.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
It would be nice if this pond gets removed. This is a well traveled road as far as piney roads go and would be nice if it was repaired. I remember when this road was an easy and safe ride and part of a long loop I used.
Back on August 23rd 2010 the NJFFS was filling in the holes and fixing the hill from Carranza Road toward High Crossing. They ran out of time when they got to these last two holes right before High Crossing and never returned. They have since worked on many other roads but never completed this job they started. Another waste of our money by the NJFFS.

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/i-was-suprised.6615/#post-78938

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Ed, I haven't been back to High Crossing for some time. Tuckerton Rd to the north looks really nasty now. I remember High Crossing Rd having a pretty big water hole coming from Hampton.

What's the best way to drive there, now?

John-

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
John, there is a sweet little road that cuts off alot of time and it's dependable.
http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.779980640796495&lng=-74.64137077331543&z=14&type=nj1995&gpx=

Of corse you can come down either side of the RR tracks from Carrranza Road. I have also been coming in from HF all summer. You have to straddle the ruts using your best judgment. I haven't done it since Sandy. The last very large puddle on the HF route at High Crossing is a killer. Stick to the north side and it is fine, but I mean hug it.

Big hole that eats cars. It needs a name.
http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.76856835583232&lng=-74.6446430683136&z=17&type=nj1995&gpx=

Ed

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
That truck does not look anywhere near close enough to being able to cross that hole. Wonder what the driver was thinking.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

Yes. These roads are well used and should be treated just like a paved road. They need to be fixed. I was on a Wildlife Management road on Sunday and it was freshly fixed. If they can do that they can fix this one. If someone get hurt there they could have a lawsuit.

Guy

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Thanx for the tip on that road before the memorial, Ed. That's what I was looking for! Never been on it, I'll have to check it out.

You're right about that last big hole from HF. It should be named! I think it's been there since creation. :)

John-