Hot Day Exploring!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We got out early this morning trying to beat the heat but still struggled with it towards the end. Our main goal was to explore a few streams and check for white orchids. On the way there Jessica found this male turtle.

IMG_0199.JPG

I have been here before and it was just as nice the second time. A wonderful place to be in the summer.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

This one looks like it has been blooming for quite a while. The bottom flowers are starting to wane.

IMG_0205.JPG

Right near it this one is much later.

IMG_0208.JPG

We looked for rattlesnakes and in three places we looked for yellow orchids and unfortunately so far this year these places don't have anything growing as far as I can tell. Slightly disappointed for sure. We then traveled to Quarter Mile and on the walk there we crossed over the bridge over the skit branch. I have not looked closely at the bridge recently but today I did. The wood on the edges of the bridge that take the brunt of the vehicle traffic is wearing away exposing the metal supports that hold the bridge together. These may do some damage if you don't have decent tires. There are four showing on one side and it appears only one on the other. However, since you are not allowed to drive over the bridge anymore you should not have to worry. Unlike the blue Jeep who passed Jessica and I on the road back to Quarter Mile where the signs say he should not have been :) Just sayin!

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

Found this near Hampton Park last week and it was still there today. I am going to report it.

dump.jpg

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Was going to head to cape may county and look for white and yellow fringed and golden crested orchids these days off but am laid up after a retinal detachment.had an emergency operation and am reading this out of one eye now.Had one in my left eye back in 96,now this one.This one was probably a result of cataract surgery last year.Hopefully I"ll be out and about before the orchids disappear.