Human Land Abuse

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Jeff,

This is in your neck of the woods. It looks like land that has been severely abused by man. Do you know what went on there? I have not been there, I am only guessing by the colors in the photo.

watermark.php

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Looks like 4WD vehicle use to me, but I am no expert.

Id agree, even though it doesnt look that appealing to me, looks nothing more than water and sand, maybe at one point it was a desirable 4x4 location. The reason I agree is that on the bottom of the picture there are sure signs of two tracks ruts the width of a truck coming out of a puddle. Where is this located? or would you rather not say.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I know exactly what happened there. It is private propety. the person who owns the land allowed a large tire dump there. A few years ago it was torched and burned to ground. The DEP stepped in and removed all the burnt tires. There is still some evidence of tires there and I am not sure the project is completed. The owner is considering building homes on the land or more likely a church for some alternative religion, there are tax adavatages to doing so (the last sentance is hear say). It does get a few quad riders back there, and half of those riders have no problem flying past my house at 1am full throttle during summer vacation (kids). Riding back there is hindered a little by bits of tires all over.

The ATV abuse to the land is insignificant compared to the damage already incurred from the tires/fire.

So there you go, the whole story.

Jeff

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
Yes they already have a church under a giant tent on the land its right down the street from my house they dumped tires back there up until about 8 years ago. The new owners of it are veruy religious and have already started a church there under a tent

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
And yes people rode atvs as long as ive been alive and its been a party spot for teenagers for many years. Its well littered and polluted they'll never be able to build houses more then likely

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Mike, clearly you and I are neighbors, I suspected it when you commented on my "burglaries in Tabernacle" thread. I know that tent very well:D I've only been in Tabernacle for a little over a year now (previously near presidential lakes). Just out of curiosity...do you know what religion they are practicing there at Seedtime Harvest Camp?

Jeff