Hunters May Find This Interesting

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was recently asked about this location.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.63742865637698&lng=-74.51303410928728&z=18&type=hybrid&gpx=

While researching it I found this deed for the sale of the property in 1991. Notice the sellers name.

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 8.28.12 PM.png

Later in the deed notice his stipulation. A nice way to preserve your hunting spot.

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 8.32.51 PM.png

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Brilliant planning !
Bruce and Shirley make their money selling the property for $70,000 +/- . Bruce, his son Wade and up to 3 buddies get to hunt without having to pay the property taxes or any other fees for rest of their natural lives.

The only weakness in the legal language used to craft the reservation was the omission of a clause commanding that it would run with the land. If the Schroers decided to sell the land at any time after the date of the deed, an attorney could easily argue on behalf of future owners that the agreement was only between the Winterbottoms and the Schroers. A really good attorney could argue that the reservation was in fact intended to run with the land because it merely refers to "owners" who could be easily be construed to be current and future owners.

To make it lawyerproof, the reservation needed to say that it would run with the land and would be binding upon the "owners, their successors, heirs and assigns."

Last edited:
Reactions: manumuskin

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
You should have been a lawyer.

I have to to play lawyer nearly every day Guy.
I wrote a lengthy analysis of some very complex deed and legal issues affecting a property a few weeks ago and emailed it to an attorney who was representing one of our clients. Two days later, the attorney sends a letter to our client with his opinion on those issues that looked surprisingly similar to what I sent him. I guess I should be honored that he agreed with my findings. :rolleyes: