Important Pines Cleanup Notice..OCT 22 Atsion

yellowdog69

Oct 11, 2006
I just was informed that the park police stopped some wheelers WITHOUT TRASH BAGS in a SMALL GROUP.., off trails in a restricted area..during last years event. These people said they were "WITH THE CLEANUP".

Now I am the type of person that unless I am 100% sure of something I don't act on it. But to COVER OUR BUTTS this year all TRAIL GUIDES will sign in with me so if here is a problem with any of our people we nip it in the bud ourselves.

Most likey these people used the cleanup as a cover. Regardless we don't want to put a bad name on an event that has done so much good for WHARTON.

I just want to state again like in previous years

THE CLEANUP IS A "CLEANUP" NOT A TRAIL RIDE

FOOD AND PRIZES ARE DONATIONS AND PERCS NOT EXPECTED BENIFITS OF DOING A GOOD DEED

YOUR PERSONAL ACTIONS THAT DAY ARE TAKEN BY THE POWERS TAHT BE AS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE 4 WHEEL COMMUNITY. THINK OF YOURSELVES AS GOOD WHEEL AMBASSADORS OF THE SPORT AND ACT ACCORDINGLY!

IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT GETTING IN GROUPS AND FOLLOWING THE RULES PLEASE DON'T ATTEND

In my heart I believe 99.9% of the people who particpate in this event are some of the best people around. We can't let .1% or people not associated with the cleanup ruin our image

THANKS AGAIN AND HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE RAIN OR SHINE

ps. My contact at the ranger station asked the park police to inform us ASAP of any problems as hearing of this incident a year later helps no one. I will be in touch with them after the event for a recap..

THANK YOU,

Michael Tarsia

--------------------