In The Burn

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
These are from a couple weeks ago, but I drove with a friend from Atsion all the way through to Batsto on the Fireline road through the burn area. There were almost no puddles to contend with because of how dry it's been, but it was still a pretty bumpy go even with a big 4x4 due to deep ruts and sugar sand. Also, about halfway through the pine flies started swarming around the truck like some kind of Biblical plague.
A7407567.jpg

Explosion of very healthy and sturdy looking epicormic growth in response to fire.
A7407561.jpg

A7407563.jpg

A7407576.jpg

The only other vehicle we encountered, near Batsto Lake.
A7407590.jpg

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
These are from a couple weeks ago, but I drove with a friend from Atsion all the way through to Batsto on the Fireline road through the burn area. There were almost no puddles to contend with because of how dry it's been, but it was still a pretty bumpy go even with a big 4x4 due to deep ruts and sugar sand. Also, about halfway through the pine flies started swarming around the truck like some kind of Biblical plague.
View attachment 18132
Explosion of very healthy and sturdy looking epicormic growth in response to fire.
View attachment 18130
View attachment 18131
View attachment 18133
The only other vehicle we encountered, near Batsto Lake.
View attachment 18135

You mention the flies and I've always wondered how an episode of Naked and Afraid would go in our Pines.

• Haha
Reactions: Wick and stiltzkin