Independence day fence lizard

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Found him in a brush pile on Rt. 532 near Chatsworth Lake on July 4, 2012.
chatsworth_lizard1-1.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Your shot reminded me of something I saw on the same day I saw the rattler. This one lizard had another one by the forelimb. I thought it was unfair, because the other one could not get away. I stepped forward. The unexpected happened; the one holding the forelimb dragged the other one 15 feet up a tree. I forget how it ended. I think I may have broken the fight (mating?) up. I know, not correct to interfere, but I could not help myself. I may have already posted this, can't remember.

lizardhole.PNG

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Your shot reminded me of something I saw on the same day I saw the rattler. This one lizard had another one by the forelimb. I thought it was unfair, because the other one could not get away. I stepped forward. The unexpected happened; the one holding the forelimb dragged the other one 15 feet up a tree. I forget how it ended. I think I may have broken the fight (mating?) up. I know, not correct to interfere, but I could not help myself. I may have already posted this, can't remember.

View attachment 7055
Ahh! A male and a female!The male is the solid colored one.Yes I"d say they were mating