Is this building still there?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Can anyone tell me if this building is still there? It was located just a mile or so North of Martha along the Oswego river. You can see the river in the photo. I just scanned this slide and was reminiscing about stopping there quite frequently for lunch, especially when it was raining. During the summer the canoes would get stuck in the shallow water, and I would get a good laugh watching the riders drag them along.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/teegate/LunchStop.jpg

Guy

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Far out!

This is exciting! I was just there yesterday! I took my dad to see it before going up to Nash's Cabin. The building is gone, but everything from the floor level down is still there. On the way to Nash's cabin there is a fork where if you take the left fork you go through an open gate. That takes you right to that structure.
Yesterday when we were there we walked down to the river. It's quite beautiful. I have pictures I took in the river at that spot years ago showing waterlillies.
I've come to the conclusion that that structure was a pumping station for cranberry bogs that are no longer in operation.
In my club on Yahoo I gave explicit directions to Nash's Cabin from Martha, and that is on the way. I've been there many times.
Thanks for the great picture.