Is this off limits?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Don't really know anything about that place myself, but according to my parcels map ( boydsmaps.com/parcels-in-the-pines ), most of that lake is private. Not sure about that small parcel at the North end though.

Update January 2022: Sorry, the parcel maps are no longer available, due to privacy concerns

Looks like you could go part of the way through that small section of Parker Preserve from the road - although those two small parcels right on the road could be private? That appears to be a road easement from the road to the North and East sides of the lake.

Also notice how the Parker Preserve polygon is shifted over from the parcel boundaries. This is a common problem with the state's openspace data, it doesn't match the parcel maps. I know Scott has raised some good issues regarding the accuracy of the parcel maps, but in my experience they are much more accurate than the State's openspace dataset. ;)

lake.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon Holcombe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You have to be really careful going in there. I accidentally entered private property there because the signs are confusing. I looked at my GPS and realized I was on the wrong road and turned around. On my way out a hunter from the club blocked my path. He was pissed. It was the evening before hunting week.

I will write more tonight. Scott may have some input also.

West Jersey Cranberry Meadow is private. I worked with one of the owners. Scott can also give input on this.

Guy

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Boyd, I downloaded your Map Of The Pines, Big Burn, and the Parcels Map. I have given you some likes but just wanted to thank you for what must have been many, many hours of hard work. I am still getting up to speed mapwise, but will spend some time figuring out what devices I can use them on. Thanks!

Reactions: Boyd