Is this the warmth....

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
before the cold? Sure hope so; splitting wood yesterday and skeeters were out :eek:

You appeared from nowhere and shamelessly, without any reservations,
You laid upon my naked body
You sensed my indifference, so you applied your hungry mouth to me without any guilt or humiliation, and you
Drove me near crazy while you drained me.
Finally, I drifted off to sleep.

Today, when I awoke, you were gone. I searched for you but to no avail.
Only the sheets bore witness to last night’s event.
My body still bears faint marks of your enthusiastic ravishing, making it all the more difficult to forget you.
Tonight, I will remain awake, waiting for you.
F***ing mosquito !!!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
It's warm - 72 degrees yesterday and 70 so far today here. Not sure about the cold part though, it's supposed to be around 60 this weekend. The bugs are active here but I haven't seen any mosquitoes - yet. :)

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I don't mind the warm weather at all. It is nice to wear a short sleeve shirt and jeans in early December. The warmer temperatures may disrupt the natural cycle of things some what, I just saw daffodils I planted emerging along the house foundation. Soon enough, it will be cold again, so lets enjoy the comfortable weather.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Are you sure about that? ;) Was just looking at last year's high temperatures... maybe this is the "new normal"?

12/4/11 - 58°
12/5/11 - 66°
12/6/11 - 66°
12/7/11 - 62°

I have no problem with temperatures in the sixties during the winter. I am all in for global warming, but just during the historic cold months.:D

However, my wishes are quite the opposite during the summer. The plus hundred degree days during July and August take their toll. I have a picture of the read-out on the machine I was operating, that shows an actual temperature of one hundred and fifteen, during July. It can be brutal at times.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Ihave a picture of the read-out on the machine I was operating, that shows an actual temperature of one hundred and fifteen, during July. It can be brutal at times.

Backyard deck, 6/29/12, in the dappled shade. I hate it to the point of almost moving :D

144398094.jpg

Reactions: Gibby
Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I don't mind the warm weather at all. It is nice to wear a short sleeve shirt and jeans in early December. The warmer temperatures may disrupt the natural cycle of things some what, I just saw daffodils I planted emerging along the house foundation. Soon enough, it will be cold again, so lets enjoy the comfortable weather.

That's what I wear all winter long. I don't like the heat, at all.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I like the colder weather. I went out about 6 weeks ago, it was in the 60's. Checked myself for ticks and didn't find any. 7 days later I found a deer tick dug in. Now I'm being tested for Lymes. I wish it would get cold and stay cold!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Looks like that was the "warmth before the warmth" actually. Forecast calls for 66 degrees tomorrow, then highs around 50 through the week...