Jane Wyatt, NJ Actress, R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebsi2001

Explorer
May 2, 2006
southern NJ
Some members of this list may have "grown--up" with (and, hopefully, were influenced by) an early TV series, "Father Knows Best." Jane Wyatt played the part of the mother on that show, which had a run of about 6 years (207 episodes?).

Like many famous actors, actresses and entertainers, Jane Wyatt had ties to New Jersey: She was born in Campgaw some 96 years ago.

Until I read of her recent demise in today's AC Press, I had all but forgotten about Jane --- although she had a marked influence on the way I perceived the world in my formative years...

In more recent times, she played the part of Spock's mother on Star Trek.

R.I.P., Jane Wyatt. Thank's for the memories...

ebsi

P.S.: This was an AP feed, and the ACP did not repost it on their website, so the complete obit is not available. The NYT published her obit, but, for some reason, I am unable to access their link.

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/wnames-nf/Wyatt+Jane

The link, above, however, does confirm her death.

ebsi

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I agree this has nothing to do with the pines, but it's in the "off topic" forum. If you don't care then why say anything unless you want to insult someone? My grandmother died at the age of 97. She lived by herself until the day before she died and had a terrific life. Obviously nobody lives forever, but that doesn't mean she isn't missed.

Ebsi seems to think Jane Wyatt's passing was something worthy of note, and wanted to share it with the rest of us. I'm sure he will appreciate your comments...

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Hey kid. (ooxj56). What happened to the "4x4 kids" According to your posts they were "running the cleanup" I didn't see them there. The post about this 96 year old woman and other posts have shown you're an idiot!

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
One of the great things about this site is the spirited debates which often get heated because we don't always agree with each other. ebsi posted this in "General Discussion" and that in my opinion was the appropriate place for this article.

00xj54

Scout
May 2, 2006
Hey kid. (ooxj56). What happened to the "4x4 kids" According to your posts they were "running the cleanup" I didn't see them there. The post about this 96 year old woman and other posts have shown you're an idiot!

Oh you didn't see the 50 + Jeeps when we met at the Ranger Sation?

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Death's no joke.

Commenting on someone's passing with such a careless attitude confounds me, and judging by everyone elses postings, just plain pisses them off. Someone's death is not something to joke about. One day you will have to face the same end--I hope and pray your heart softens by then so that people will genuinely mourn your passing. If not, you will indeed be a lonely man.

00xj54

Scout
May 2, 2006
Yeah okay, thousands of people die everyday! Why is the single person more important then everyone else. Annnnd she was 96! She led a long life and it isn't a huge shock that she died. No one this page is related to her and no one knew her. None of you ACTAULLY cares because it doesn't effect your lives one bit. So cut the self rightous bull####.

Status
Not open for further replies.