jersey devil video , has anyone seen this ?

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
most of the videos i found are stupid retard's trying to pull off a hoax , but this video actualy seemed a bit interesting , im usually not super crazy with all the over rated things weird nj has to do with but this one is on the right track

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Weird NJ has been a reoccuring topic on this forum. There has been concern about the vandalism and increased traffic that occurs to some of these places that have been featured in Weird NJ. Consequently, weird nj types who come on the forum asking about locations are often encouraged to look elsewhere for their information and/or persuaded from visiting certain locations.

I have the same concerns, however I do read weird nj from time to time and find it pretty entertaining. All in good fun. But I cringe a bit when I see pinebarren related sites come up. I think most who follow up on the WNJ articles are harmless enough, just looking for a thrill with their friends, but they are often ignorant of the fragile nature of some of our ruins.

Jeff

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Weird NJ has been a reoccuring topic on this forum. There has been concern about the vandalism and increased traffic that occurs to some of these places that have been featured in Weird NJ. Consequently, weird nj types who come on the forum asking about locations are often encouraged to look elsewhere for their information and/or persuaded from visiting certain locations.

I have the same concerns, however I do read weird nj from time to time and find it pretty entertaining. All in good fun. But I cringe a bit when I see pinebarren related sites come up. I think most who follow up on the WNJ articles are harmless enough, just looking for a thrill with their friends, but they are often ignorant of the fragile nature of some of our ruins.

Jeff

yea exactly , they over rate everything , and encourage younger kids to go check out private property , usually leading to major vandalism or arrests cause they show up with 30 people , some of there articles are pretty decent and others are garbage , and it actually makes me mad cause some of the places i found when i was younger either on my own or local rumors they put up in there magazine and after that its done , the twp will either knock the historic building down if it wasnt destroyed by vandalism already ,or you could never go again due to heavy fines if caught , so many places i loved to explore are gone and ruined now because of weird nj

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Unfortunately once places show up in that magazine, chances are they won't be around for long. I used to read it years ago/when it first came out, until I realized it was exposing these places to a certain element the pines can do without. I still know of some places that I've never mentioned either as being in that magazine, or other places online. I hope it stays that way.

As for the video, it's always funny to see how things I see every day are dramatized (Smithville, Leeds Point etc). Having grown up here I know where all those places are that they pointed out, and even have my own stories... either out there off that road, or in my own woods. The house, Mr. Leeds and all that is kind of common knowledge in this area. A friend of mine even knew somebody in the family.

swwit

Explorer
Apr 14, 2005
I don't think that the Weird N.J. books do any more than cause tresspassing. The pines have been vandalized and trashed way before the books were around. The locals do more drinking and littering in the woods than anything else. Maybe they do it out of being bored but they do it a lot.