Jobstown Bogs, Company Bogs, Home Bogs, Braddocks Bogs Or Whatever You Want To Call It

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Today we visited Jobstown Bogs in Medford and revisited the ruins there which we visited in 2007 with a member of this site. The place has really changed. Vehicles are driving through the ruins and trash is everywhere.

This "Then & Now" is pretty close to the exact spot. It was hard to get a decent photo today because of the early morning sun.

Jobstown Bogs Then and Now.jpg

Right near there last night was a large gathering of people who started a bon fire but never really put it out. On our way home later is was smoking even worse so as we passed a parked Medford officer I stopped and drove him back to the road in. He was going to have someone check on it.

DSC_0633a.jpg

And we also revisited this car which is a Mustang Capri.

DSC_0653a.jpg

DSC_0658a.jpg

Moving on we came upon a nice Savanah and I walked out into it to take a photo. Standing there with the water about to go over my boots Jessica yelled there was a bird in a tree across the way. Quickly switching lenses in the water took some time and it started to fly away. I quickly pointed to the sky and took this.

DSC_0660a.jpg

At the same time this was flying over. Since we have at least one pilot who visits this site they may know who this is.

DSC_0663a.jpg

Finally, I was able to turn my attention on the Savanah and took this.

DSC_0668a.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is PinesExplr posting his original post showing the car and the ruins in 2007.

Reactions: Boyd