Just A Few From Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was out yesterday taking photos of Lady Tresses and lost my camera cap. Headed back there today and found it. We then were driving down Eagle Road and the old dead oak tree at the road to Pioneer is having problems. There use to be three there and the members of the club call that intersection Big Oaks.

DSC_4978a.jpg

Very small and short Lady Tresses.

DSC_4982a.jpg

DSC_4982b.jpg

We were walking and came upon old eggs and when I lifted the metal next to them which was burned underneath, there were small snake skins. (Not at Pioneer)

DSC_4977b.jpg

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy did the eggs have a sand paper texture?
I was asked that as well by the man you met. And the answer is I did not know to check for that. I picked one up but all I noticed is that it was hard and dry.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
In the first post I mention that the intersection to the Pioneer Club off of Eagle Road was called "Twin Oaks" which is incorrect. The club members called it "Big Oaks" because at one time there were three large oak trees there. I said their was two which was also incorrect. I have made the changes above.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy did the eggs have a sand paper texture?
Dragon,

Found a spot today with 39 or 40 eggs right near where you were at the other day and where Jessica and I go. I checked them and they were like sand paper as you mentioned. You had to have walked near them.

Sorry for the poor photo but it was right on the sun/shade line.

DSC_5032a.jpg

Reactions: dragoncjo and John