Kayaking upper Mullica and Batsto Rivers

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ
We just got back to NJ after spending 6 mos in SW FL and fould out that BHP is no longer running kayak trips on the Mullica and Batsto Rivers (or anywhere else). One problem they cite is the access roads still being washed out from the storms we had last year. Another issue for them is high insurance costs. So....the only one running these trips is Adams canoe rentals near Rt 206 cause they can get in from that side. Supposedly the state has no intention of repairing the access roads. Does anyone have more info on this? I apologize if this has been discussed previously - like I said...I just got back.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
They have been repairing some roads reciently, Carranza, Hawkin Road and the one from Bordentown Gun Clup at 532 to the Skit Bridge before Batona Camp. They even trucked in fill dirt. I don't know how much more they are going to do. It does keep river traffic down. :)

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
scubabruce, we brought our own boats and paddled from the Mullica River access point at Atsion to Pleasant Mills for a 2-day trip on June 16-17. Vehicle access to those points was fine, even for my little car....not sure about the roads in between. My son wanted to drive through Bass River SF instead....