Lake and Beers Map of Philadelphia and Vicinity - 1869

relayer

Explorer
Oh no! Not another stupid big map from relayer. Yeah, I know. Browser busting self promotion are us (or is it "is me"?). At any rate, with the caveats mentioned in the Burlington post it is still an interesting map and well worth a look. There are some issues as far as parts of SJ being covered with inset detail maps of PA towns (according to Jerseyman, this is the PA version of the map - -There is an NJ version as well - I just don't have it). Anyway, it covers large parts of SJ from Mercer down to Salem counties. Enjoy:)
http://www.westjerseyhistory.org/maps/Lake and Beers-Philadelphia and Vicinity-1869/index.shtml

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My old Mac handled it well Relayer. It is interesting to see that Bread & Cheese Run is missing the "e" in Cheese

Attachments

• chees.jpg
    chees.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 252

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The NJ version would be interesting to have. If you ever come up with that one please post that also. This one answers a few question that have been asked on this site.

Again, thanks Relayer!

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That is a nice map relayer. I could see many names of offspring that attended school with me in Pemberton. And so many Budd's in Buddtown. Names like Norcross, Swain, Gaskill, Haines, Bispham, etc....now streets and creeks and prominent people! I wish they had a map like that all the way across the state.

relayer

Explorer
You are, of course, welcome! I can't recall where bread and Cheese Run falls on the map but the cheese may have been cut off by an inset. I get the distinct impression, but could be wrong, that there was a lot of map surveyed, even drawn, that was eliminated for the production version of this map. Ine wonders where all the stuff from l and b ended up and if the original big map still survives. Jerseyman says there is another map covering Trenton and North but I've not seen a digital version of that yet either. Almost all things in time I suppose.