Lakeview Inn

Aug 29, 2011
In addition to what i posted yesterday, I remember a pizza place called Sorrentino's on the same side as Lakeview inn just a few feet down the road which burned in a tragic fire. Does anyone remember a very small candy store owned by a Russian couple, it was right next to the lakeview Inn. It closed many years ago.It's been so many years since I've been to Browns Mills, I'm sure everything has changed. I'm 67 so I go back a while .

Renee

Reactions: Mary Sanks

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Renee, I moved to Browns Mills in 1966. I do remember Sorrentino's on the dam and the police station was next to it. After the fire Sorrentino's relocated to Trenton Rd. across from a bar known as Wyatt Earps (which is also gone now)

Aug 29, 2011
Renee, I moved to Browns Mills in 1966. I do remember Sorrentino's on the dam and the police station was next to it. After the fire Sorrentino's relocated to Trenton Rd. across from a bar known as Wyatt Earps (which is also gone now)
Do you remember the LakeView Inn when It was called Angelo's lakeview inn? At the time it was a bar and italian restaurant. My family owned it back then, I don't remember exactly what year they sold it. It could have been after 1966, I was away at school during that time, so I don't remember the timeline. I know it was sold to the Verilli family.

Renee

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
When I moved to town in '66 I just started pre-first a the Little Red Schoolhouse but I do recall my parents calling the Lakeview Inn Angelo's. Unfortunately Lakeview Inn was torn down a couple years ago and a medical building was built there. Also Hobert's Browns Mills Supply next door shut down and remains vacant. The Pig and Whistle burned down in '72 but Sycamore Hall (Kay's Gift Shop) is still standing and being used as a bank.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
When I moved to town in '66 I just started pre-first a the Little Red Schoolhouse but I do recall my parents calling the Lakeview Inn Angelo's. Unfortunately Lakeview Inn was torn down a couple years ago and a medical building was built there. Also Hobert's Browns Mills Supply next door shut down and remains vacant. The Pig and Whistle burned down in '72 but Sycamore Hall (Kay's Gift Shop) is still standing and being used as a bank.

Tom, do you remember that little store in somebody's house down 530 near the gas station before Country Lakes? My mom bought me pants in there one time in the 60's. What was the name of that place? All I have is a dim memory of the front room with placard advertisements facing the street.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Tom, do you remember that little store in somebody's house down 530 near the gas station before Country Lakes? My mom bought me pants in there one time in the 60's. What was the name of that place? All I have is a dim memory of the front room with placard advertisements facing the street.
A lot of people called it Tina's but it was Tenia's Discounts. I think it was torn down this summer.

Joe Byrne

Feb 15, 2012
Talking about the Lakeview Inn I worked there from 1972-76 Dick and Tony Virilli ran the place and I was a bartender. I'd sure like to find Tony, Dicks son as he was my best man. I married a Browns Mills girl. Lots of good memories of Browns Mills.

Mary Sanks

Apr 10, 2014
Talking about the Lakeview Inn I worked there from 1972-76 Dick and Tony Virilli ran the place and I was a bartender. I'd sure like to find Tony, Dicks son as he was my best man. I married a Browns Mills girl. Lots of good memories of Browns Mills.

Hey, do you remember anything about the original owners of the Lakeview Inn? Before it was owned by the Virilli's?

Thanks!

Jennifer Viloria

Sep 22, 2016
Hawaii
Do you remember the LakeView Inn when It was called Angelo's lakeview inn? At the time it was a bar and italian restaurant. My family owned it back then, I don't remember exactly what year they sold it. It could have been after 1966, I was away at school during that time, so I don't remember the timeline. I know it was sold to the Verilli family.

Renee

Here's something interesting. I bought a cookbook at the thrift store and it had an ad for Angelo's Lakeview Inn. The cookbook was published in 1961. Was hoping to get in touch with a family member of the establishment to share it with.
tmp_12936-IMAG7812_1-1589489527.jpg

Aug 29, 2011
View attachment 8122 View attachment 8123 View attachment 8124 View attachment 8125 View attachment 8126 View attachment 8127 View attachment 8128 View attachment 8130 View attachment 8131 View attachment 8132 I bought a cookbook at the thrift store and it contained quite a few business ads in/around Browns Mills and Wrightstown. The cookbook was published in 1961. I'm not from New Jersey, but I thought these ads would bring back some memories to some folks

Aug 29, 2011
View attachment 8122 View attachment 8123 View attachment 8124 View attachment 8125 View attachment 8126 View attachment 8127 View attachment 8128 View attachment 8130 View attachment 8131 View attachment 8132 I bought a cookbook at the thrift store and it contained quite a few business ads in/around Browns Mills and Wrightstown. The cookbook was published in 1961. I'm not from New Jersey, but I thought these ads would bring back some memories to some folks