LIDAR in the pines zip not working

Craig N

Jan 16, 2021
Toms River, NJ
I was pleased to find this site as an avid hiker and newly discovering garmin GPSMAP devices. Great site Boyd! Im following your instructions to access your LIDAR, but the zip file is empty. Am I missing something? Tried three times and 7zip says 0bytes of data. Thanks for your help!

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Hi Craig, is this the file you are trying to use?

It should be a 16gb file, I am downloading it right now and will check. It's about a 25 minute download with 400/400 FIOS, I think that is a limitation of my server. How long did it take for you to download? If it was faster than that, you may not have gotten the full file. Will post back after the D/L is done.

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Sorry, that file works fine for me with 7-zip, so I'd say it's some problem on your end. Maybe something happened to corrupt your download?

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 5.38.20 PM.png

Craig N

Jan 16, 2021
Toms River, NJ
Boyd - Thanks for the quick response. Perhaps I needed to first create an account here (NJPinebarrens). I successfully downloaded the file this morning. You have a ton of resources and its going to take me a while to configure and sort thru your docs. In any event, you may hear from me again if get into a bind. All the best! Craig

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Glad that it worked. :) There are no registration or membership requirements for my site(s) and you don't need to register here at NJPineBarrens (although you must be a NJPB member to post here). So it must have been some other problem. Enjoy the maps!