Lock Your Vehicles

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Last Sunday (3:25 PM) my wife and I walked to the local ice cream place two blocks away. Walking out of the door to return home Jessica called me. She had stood up from the couch and looked out the front window and a car pulled up in front of our house alongside the truck across the street. All three men had wool head masks on. The passenger jumped out and entered the vehicle and looked through the glove box. The driver got out without the mask covering his face and headed towards my daughter's car. As he was getting close to her vehicle he turned and noticed Jessica watching him and pulled up the mask and yelled for them to get back in the car. They jumped in and headed down the street.

Jennifer was quick enough to get a side photo of the vehicle and a while later the neighbors called the police. The police looked at Jennifer's photo and they already knew about the vehicle and had the tag number. For over a week this had been going on. Jessica asked the neighbor next door to check their camera but they had nothing. Later in the evening they texted my wife and their friends car had been stolen in a neighboring town. She had an air tag in it and told the police it was in Camden. They refused to get it so she went on her own and found it still running in the back yard of a house. She jumped in and drove it home.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Last Sunday (3:25 PM) my wife and I walked to the local ice cream place two blocks away. Walking out of the door to return home Jessica called me. She had stood up from the couch and looked out the front window and a car pulled up in front of our house alongside the truck across the street. All three men had wool head masks on. The passenger jumped out and entered the vehicle and looked through the glove box. The driver got out without the mask covering his face and headed towards my daughter's car. As he was getting close to her vehicle he turned and noticed Jessica watching him and pulled up the mask and yelled for them to get back in the car. They jumped in and headed down the street.

Jennifer was quick enough to get a side photo of the vehicle and a while later the neighbors called the police. The police looked at Jennifer's photo and they already knew about the vehicle and had the tag number. For over a week this had been going on. Jessica asked the neighbor next door to check their camera but they had nothing. Later in the evening they texted my wife and their friends car had been stolen in a neighboring town. She had an air tag in it and told the police it was in Camden. They refused to get it so she went on her own and found it still running in the back yard of a house. She jumped in and drove it home.
"They refused to get it"? Sounds like there's more to the story than that.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
There had to be some other legal recourse. The first thing I would have done was to ask for the officers superior and going up the chain that way.

Oh well. Sounds like it's resolved now and not my battle to fight.

Reactions: Boyd

RJG

Scout
Nov 19, 2023
Sea Isle City, NJ
Right. Telling the police that you're going to kill some people if they don't do what you want is always a good stategy. Hopefully you would succeed in resisting that temptation. :D
I would definitely resist that temptation. They could arrest me for making terroristic threats.

I have a GPS tracker on my e-bike. I would hate to think that if it was stolen and I went to the police and showed them its location they would tell me they can’t help me.