Looking for 12' or shorter sit-in kayak

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
My son outgrew our old tandem kayak and now it's time for him to learn how to paddle his own damn boat.

I'm looking for an inexpensive 12' or shorter sit-in kayak for either me or him so we can go exploring this summer.

Yes, I check Craigslist every week. It seems like CL is a sellers' market for kayaks. If you know of any for sale ($200 or less), please let me know. Thanks!

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
My son outgrew our old tandem kayak and now it's time for him to learn how to paddle his own damn boat.

I'm looking for an inexpensive 12' or shorter sit-in kayak for either me or him so we can go exploring this summer.

Check out Dicks Sporting Goods, the big chain store. I've seen new ones on sale at that price point. Also Bob Kislins in Toms River, they sell tons of kayaks. Less than $200 might be tough. I got a great buy on my Hornbeck at Jersey Paddler in Brick; it was a consignment boat.

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
Thank you. Used kayaks retain their value better than Honda Accords lol. Dicks usually has a decent sale around Memorial Day, but I was hoping to get out on the water with my son sooner than that.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I'm selling my Kayak, a 9' perception. It's in perfect shape, low mileage, and I am including a paddle, which alone cost $75. I'll also include a soft roof carrier and life vest. $175

Jersey Jeff

Explorer
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks....sounds like a perfect little boat for the PB streams. I picked one up last month. Happy paddling!