Looking for storytellers for Pines film

dskessler

Scout
Nov 14, 2011
I've been working on a film based on the real and imagined world of the Pine Barrens. I've posted a few times here in the photography section and I think the community you have here is awesome.
I have mainly been shooting locations and going on expeditions with my friend, Allen Crawford and now I'm getting ready to ramp up efforts to get some more narrative content.

One of the great things about the Pine Barrens is the way that the experience of being in the woods is heightened by the stories and folklore that play in ones minds while traversing this powerful and often mystical landscape. I'd like to find some people who would be into the idea of telling their own stories or stories that were told to them on camera. I'm interested in all kinds of stories; your own memories, your childhood, what happened yesterday, what happened to a parant or friend, what happened in history, it's all important to me and you are welcome to exaggerate and embellish as much as you like. Tall-tales are welcome. Sing me a story if you feel inclined.

I'm also interested in creating video portraits of people of the Pines. If you live around the Pine Barrens and you feel like it might be fun for a small camera crew to follow you around for a day, I'd love to hear from you. Or maybe right now you are thinking of the perfect character, a storyteller whom I would be remiss not to talk to.

Historians, Naturalists and Survivalists are also invited.

and in case you are wondering, I'm not specifically interested in Jersey Devil stories but I'd love to hear a good one if you've got it.

You can check out my work on the Pines project at www.pinebarrensfilm.com
check out the videos and you will see that this is not the typical documentary. I want to capture the spirit of the Pines and why we are all so fascinated by it.

thanks,
David

dskessler

Scout
Nov 14, 2011
Hey Dave, Not sure whats up but I click on to your page and my Virus scan stop me,It said there was a Trojan Horse.
Thanks.
I'll see if I can find what's up. I'm not seeing that here but my site got hacked a while ago and I thought I got rid of all the bad code.

dskessler

Scout
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks guys. my host site was flagged a while ago for having malicious code from the wordpress theme that I was using but I think I got rid of it all. It might still be flagged somewhere. So far dog57 is the only person that seems to have gotten that warning since I combed it out of the code.
Anyway, I hope some of you guys might be interested in being in the film or that you know of someone you would like to see in it.
My camera was lost to the Batsto a couple months ago but I am getting a new one soon (huge relief) and I'm going to start scheduling some trips and interviews starting in February.

dskessler

Scout
Nov 14, 2011
The doc won't be done for at least another year, maybe longer. It all depends on when I feel like I have enough interesting moments captured. I'm in no rush because it's all still fun and no producers are hounding me to get it done.