Loss of Roberts Pond

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It seems to me there are quite a few misguided individuals in that town. There is no way beavers built that.

State officials have said in the past that initial indications are that Roberts Pond was an abandoned cranberry bog that transformed into a vernal pond. Little Egg Harbor residents have pushed back on that claim. They fear officials are trying to designate the pond as a cranberry bog since it is the only form of a water body which can be drained in the state without obtaining a permit.

“Why are the beavers in there, then?” Bourguignon said. “Are they there just to take a swim?”

And this is even better.

She added that Geographic Information System (GIS) experts had to be brought in to determine the ownership of the property.

tax.jpg

Reactions: bobpbx

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
If I owned property on the pond personally I would now be applying for a tax reassessment. Without a pond/lake their property value has declined. That's a direct result of their towns actions to boot. There's a ton more to this story that we haven't heard yet I'm sure.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Someone needs to be asked where the mountains of dirt came from along the creek. Beaver?????

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is without a doubt a cranberry bog just as you say.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They certainly did not do their homework. Where do they think this pile of dirt came from?

IMG_0855.JPG