Lots of rain here today

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Around 7:00 AM this morning it started raining and I noticed it was just a little cell centered near Mays Landing - the kind of thing that usually moves away pretty quickly. But it just keeps hanging around. It will let up for awhile, but it keeps coming back.

Getting really wet here now, the water is rising in my backyard. Probably the most rain I've seen here all summer. Not too concerned because we've had some big storms in the past and my house has always been high enough to avoid problems. But it must be a mess on the roads around here with the shore exodus today.

Right now I'm in the red spot near the border of Atlantic and Cumberland Counties, looks like it's moving away - the sun could come out. But I don't think it's quite over yet.

radar.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
We've had rain here most of the day, but sun wants to peek through.

Now yesterday was odd. In the middle of the day Bamber got a 15 minute(?) storm with sun out when everyone else in the state was dry:

sunshower.JPG

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
I was out in the Plains and it was raining for most of the morning and afternoon. Several times it rained so hard I began to question why I was out. In the end, I didn't mind so much except the flies managed to stay with me between the drops. It was still better than being at work or in the house.

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Ro, Lori (our neighbor) and I went down 206 this morning and just managed getting pix of Solidago stricta (S3) andClematis terniflora. We'd seen patches of the latter in many spots of South Jersey during our weekend tour - it's an escape, very pretty and spectacular, native of Asia. Got chased home by rain that turned into thunderstorm, cancelling our plan to go via Hampton Furnace to Chatsworth Lake. Oh well.....

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I was out in the Plains and it was raining for most of the morning and afternoon. Several times it rained so hard I began to question why I was out. In the end, I didn't mind so much except the flies managed to stay with me between the drops. It was still better than being at work or in the house.

Marginally better, lol.

There are few days in the pines I regret going out, today was one of them. I sweat approx 75 pounds of water weight, was bitten by approx 3,521 mosquitoes, bitten by 1,501 pine flies (killing 2/3 of them) and collected 751 spider webs on my face...

Reactions: Boyd