Mannis Duck Pond

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Sorry for the misunderstanding Mark, I wasn't referring to a go around on the stream crossing
(quite honestly you can't make a go around that easily when a stream is involved. I'm talking about the down tree. before blazing a new trail around something i believe the down and dead tree should have been cut. A stream can get deep realy quick and be shallow again in the matter of a few hours due to the current. The crossing appears to be cut, but if I had to take a logical guess the cut appearance would mostly be from the amount of traffic over time. If you take a soft terrain and run hundreds of vehicles through it, the terrain is going to change stock or modified vehicles, it makes no difference. Esp. when water is involved and even more with moving water.
As far as go arounds go around other puddles that exist, regardless the situation, they are made by people blazing their own trail. I'm not saying it is right for them to be rutted out the way they are, but the legal way of getting from point A to Point B is through the puddle. I guess i'm a law breaker however, because I went through about 5 go arounds this past weekend.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Don't get me wrong I will as well. As far as downed trees go. I'll usuaklly hook a strap to them and drag em out of the way, if this is not possible, I'll usually run over to my parents house (on a entrance into Wharton) and borrow the old chainsaw.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Is it legal for us to cut a downed tree on a road or river?
I thought it was the fire services responsibility. They did the work for the June blow down at Godfrey / Hawkin Bridge area back in June.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Down here I got a better chance of seeing Santa Claus sharing a blunt with the Easter Bunny than a State Parks and Forestry employee clearing downed trees from our woods roads.
You gotta doo what you gotta do. It's common sense.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
has anyone been on the road heading ne from quaker bridge to sandy ridge road? I have and there appears to be two large areas of blowdons that the road cuts through.The trees all appear to be pointing east so i believe it's from the same storm that had shear winds of 70 mph that struck Millville this past year.It looks as if it took quite some time to clear this road.Literally dozens of large trees obviously were cut out to clear the road.did the state do this or was it people like us who just want to get through?
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
has anyone been on the road heading ne from quaker bridge to sandy ridge road? I have and there appears to be two large areas of blowdons that the road cuts through.The trees all appear to be pointing east so i believe it's from the same storm that had shear winds of 70 mph that struck Millville this past year.It looks as if it took quite some time to clear this road.Literally dozens of large trees obviously were cut out to clear the road.did the state do this or was it people like us who just want to get through?
Al

I believe Boyd posted about that a while ago and I also posted photo's.

Guy