Mark Your Calender

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
the nites of january 29 and 30th we will be having a hammock hang at Batona Camp. All are welcome. tents or car camping is great. Stop by. say HI. we will be hiking to Apple Pie Mountian at 10 AM Saturday. YES, i said mountian. we got out of towner's bringing climbing gear. Shhhhh don't ruin the joke LOL. Stop by for the camp fire, hike or pot luck on Fri. nite.

Can't have TOO many friends,
KK

Pic of Hammocks
2094196110104593866S500x500Q85.jpg

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
kayack karl,

That sounds like a good idea. If it's too cold I can sleep in my van. Batona Camp is down a little from Carranza Memorial right? Are camping permits needed? I'd like to meet some of the characters from this forum. Winter is killing me.

Mike :clint:
permit is needed. $2 per nite. we are putting them on my permit as a group. pm if you are coming, before the 29th.

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
kayack karl,

That sounds like a good idea. If it's too cold I can sleep in my van. Batona Camp is down a little from Carranza Memorial right? Are camping permits needed? I'd like to meet some of the characters from this forum. Winter is killing me.

Mike :clint:
you will meet some characters:rolleyes: if you plan to stay the nite, just PM me.

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
Sunday Morn

GEDC0228.jpgGEDC0231.jpgGEDC0230.jpgGEDC0229.jpg
I've been thinking about these folks all weekend! I can't even imagine camping in this weather.
This is one tough bunch! Hoping to hear about it and some photos.
We had a great time. the cold only added to our bragging rights LOL 25 nuts were there for Sat. nite. :)

pencil.png

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Think I ran into some of your hikers at the hill Sat. As my buddy and I pulled up in a black pick-up, 4 hikers were just leaving the tower and heading into the woods. Another couple in a pick-up pulled in right before us (guy and gal). A little overcast, but always nice. We did some warming at Greenbank Tavern and Pic A Lilies afterwards as the snow started falling. Glad you had a good time.
Mike

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Karl, we enjoyed meeting you Ann and your friends Saturday morning. An interesting group, especially the guy in the kilt. Did you make the hike to APH?

Ed

Sunday morning

P1010898s.JPG

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
You know Karl, I was thinking, the Donner Party had better digs than you guys, they built cabins. There problem was that they ran out of food, well until they started to improvise. :)

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
You know Karl, I was thinking, the Donner Party had better digs than you guys, they built cabins. There problem was that they ran out of food, well until they started to improvise. :)
we had plenty of food :ham:.
and to think the Donner Party would of made it if they didn't try the SHORTCUT:rolleyes: