Martha Pumping Sta.??

T

TabernacleNative

I'm planning an outing with some friends and thinking about heading up to the Pump. Station. Are the bogs that the Pump. Station feed private property or are they being reclaimed by the woods. They look pretty clear on Google Earth as if you could drive around the bogs. I figured we could root around for Calico too, but I don't think the others in my party are as interested in cellar holes and the history like me!

T

TabernacleNative

It is Cutts Bogs. They looked well maintained but I also figured Google Earth maps are a few yaers old. We'll steer clear of the area. Just a question of ignorance but - Are most private property areas well marked or should I expect to get chased out of areas??

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
They're pretty well marked in my experience. The road that leads up to the Cutts Bogs from the south is barricaded on both sides where it crosses Calico Rd., for example. You're not in any danger of wandering onto private land in the immediate vicinity of the pumping station, though.

T

TabernacleNative

Thanks, most of my driving so far has been in the very obvious Wharton areas - Hampton/Quaker Bridge, Wahington, up to Martha. But as I explore further and further out, I wonder sometimes where the state forest ends and I wouldn't want to come around a bend into someone's yard. Like out at Simm Place or wind up in the middle of Warren Grove!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Simm Place is barricaded pretty tight. All of the entrances to the Haines property that I have seen have been locked.

Other private property that I have seen has always been posted.