Medford wildlife refuge in danger of closing

I am sending them money, not as much as I would like. I have taken several injured redtails there over the last 10 years; they are highly professional and the only resource in south NJ. Their education programs in schools are vital.

Such a great organization. I visited it for the first time a couple months ago. I also just attended a volunteer orientation session with them just as the pandemic was breaking out in March. Ironically, I was hoping to volunteer with grant writing, which they'll need now more than ever to raise funds. I reached out to them again last week. I hope I can help them in some way.

Mimosa Lakes

Apr 3, 2020
USVI
Such a great organization. I visited it for the first time a couple months ago. I also just attended a volunteer orientation session with them just as the pandemic was breaking out in March. Ironically, I was hoping to volunteer with grant writing, which they'll need now more than ever to raise funds. I reached out to them again last week. I hope I can help them in some way.
Oh wow, I am sending a donation too. I volunteered there in the early 1980's to help feed and water the animals each weekend. That came after taking one of Betty Woodford's naturalist classes at Lenape High School. It was something I looked forward to doing with a friend and her children each weekend. One time, Betty invited us in and there she sat in her study with an eye dropper giving milk to the tiniest baby squirrel that was wrapped in a cloth in her hand. Then, in 2001, we were up visiting my dad in Leisuretowne and there was an open house day for the public for Halloween and I took my then 7 year old daughter. She was so excited seeing squirrels and deer run along the trails around the lake, in addition to the injured animals healing in the pens.