? - Mexican Trucks in America

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Ok...? As much as I believe that the NAU is simply a spectre cooked up by the extreme right to scare us all into taking up arms against anyone a shade darker than mocha (and no, I don't condone illegal immigration), it IS a little disconcerting to me that the US DOT is allowing Mexican trucks to deliver goods within the United States instead of transferring them to American trucks at the border. The Teamsters are fighting it but as far as I know its happening as we speak. Yet another reason to keep anymore Wal-Marts from being built in NJ.

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
Have any of you heard of the proposal to change our currency from the U.S. dollar to the Amero?

wis bang

Explorer
Jun 24, 2004
East Windsor
There have been some Mexican truckers entering the US for years. They are 'inter-lined' w/ a US partner and actually run on the US authority. After Pres Clinton signed NAFTA; Mexican carriers were allowed to transverse the US w/ shipments to and back from Canada.

The biggest problem is the Mexican refuseal to allow US drivers entry.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I have to admit that I was a little taken aback by a presentation from a US Congressman (from I think Texas) this week on CSPAN (my favorite channel).

He had photos of teenagers coming across the border in El Paso from Mexico with bookbags on their backs. They were heading to America to go to school for the day.

Do you believe that? I don't know what to believe any more.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Well, a friend of mine in Houston is having a problem with her kid, he is 7 and in a school where they're supposed to learn both English and Spanish. He can't keep up because everything, the tests, the books, etc is in Spanish. Now they are telling him he has to skip a grade to catch up. That is true. The thing with the kids crossing the border? That doesn't make sense.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Sadly, most of the folks in our government want to keep the cheap labor flowing for the businesses. That for them is more important than American citizens and their quality of life.
And no american student should be forced to learn spanish. English is the language of our country, if they want to speak spanish than let them go back to their own country.
Bad enough we got these rickety landscaping trucks driven by and loaded with people of questionable immigration status, now mexican trucks?
I say we've got to send these politicians a message, like by supporting Tom Tancredo for President, or anyone who wants a stop to the illegal invasion.
It's America...I like my ppl speaking english, my american dollars, and our beautiful flag!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
EekCat.gif