Mind Clearing

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
In an effort to clear the mind and rid myself of a great deal of unrest, I travelled Boulevard both days two weeks ago. It did the trick yet wore off when I came back to the real world.
That and the fact that I was eaten quite heartily by greenheads the size of quarters was rough.
the intensity of the wounds did not impact until hours later. Vicious little bastards!
It was worth the time spent at the water's edge though and bringing home a few trinkets for my youngest.
Well hey all, hello again.

g.

"There are birds, and sticks, and trees" Jason.

Reactions: Bachman's Ivory

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
It's very good to hear from you George. You had me a little worried bud.
I was on the Boulevard a few weeks ago fishing with my son Mike out of his boat. I hadn't fished Great Bay in many years and it was a refreshing change from our usual and far more expensive ocean jaunts.
Nothing has changed along the Boulevard, which is a good thing.

We dumped in at Captain Mike's and had one of our best days this summer with 6 keeper fluke, including a 7lber and (2) 4.5 lbers.
All the stars aligned that day as we had a slight wind with the tide situation on an outgoing and the fish were hungry and the flies were not.
Mike has learned alot about the area this summer from some friends and he knew exactly where to target.

The big one:
img_1066.jpg

Imagine the fish that came over the rails of this old Capt. Mikes rental garvey and the good times that were had:
img_1049.jpg

Reactions: glowordz

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Scott,
no doubt there was a good chance I was in that very garvey or at the least one of its siblings.
whenever my dad's little 15/16 footer (can't remember well) was ill, we just went and rented a garvey.
Looking back at how crude they were and what little there was to them mechanically, I have to chuckle to myself.
I have on occasion my own self stopped while out there to look one over. Waves of nostalgia overtake.
Those times/experiences can never be replaced or even shared these days. The most one can do is be at joy to own such memories and call them one's own.
&&&& Your lad indeed caught a nice one. Kudos.

g.