M1010007.JPG

M1010008.JPG

My palm is 3.75in across and size 11 shoe

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'd say dog also.looks like claw marks to me and I don't think a cat would dig in that deep .A track pattern would be helpful or a closer picture too.did it register when it walked? It looks as if it was making a left turn by the dirt thrown out of the track to the right.without a pattern or closer pic I'd have to say dog,I can swear I see claw marks.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Adam, I would also say that the track is canine. If you take a close look at the pad of the track you can see that has a triangular shape to it. If it were from a feline, that pad would be much flatter and wider with two nodes on the top and bottom. Do you have a close up of the track and of the register? (Register meaning track pattern.) If you do post them because I could tell you if it is a domestic dog or coyote. The sand is making the track appear larger than it is.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
some animals I've never encountered in nj that are here and I'd like to are Bobcat (i may have once,too fast) scarlet snake,coastal plains milksnake,tiger salamander (adult) marbled salamander,corn snake,mink,softshell turtle,bog turtle,wood turtle.
I have seen a cougar and their not supposed to be here

Adam Buchler

Scout
Nov 5, 2011
I look at some more pics that we had....definitely looks like claw marks and we didn't have a pic of the track pattern, just individual tracks. Well at least now I don't have to worry about fighting mountain lions

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I bet Ed was somewhere nearby and it was his dog. :)

Guy