Moon today?

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
Anyone get a picture of the moon this morning? Was so low on horizon was only visible once on my ride in. By the time I got my phone out and camera opened it was gone. Almost full and dull orange hovering just above horizon

Reactions: Teegate

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Sorry I missed that early morning moon last month, but I'm just going to piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one if you don't mind. :)

Beautiful moon this evening, a thin crescent "cup". Just a couple quick handheld shots out back with my three year old iPhone, right from the camera with no editing. Quite a beautiful day all-around, spent most of it outside, it was up in the mid-70's (and supposed to be even warmer tomorrow).

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9744.jpg

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Sorry I missed that early morning moon last month, but I'm just going to piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one if you don't mind. :)

Beautiful moon this evening, a thin crescent "cup". Just a couple quick handheld shots out back with my three year old iPhone, right from the camera with no editing. Quite a beautiful day all-around, spent most of it outside, it was up in the mid-70's (and supposed to be even warmer tomorrow).

View attachment 22268

View attachment 22271
I was admiring it tonight also. While sitting out watching baseball practice. It was hard to see with the lights but there looked like a planet just to the left of it too.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yes, it was Jupiter!

Another shot, not very good but it shows Jupiter.

IMG_9751.jpg

The earth-shine was clearly visible on the moon out in the dark too, resolution of the handheld phone camera is kind of low to show that clearly though. Too bad I have an iPhone and not a Samsung. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: smoke_jumper