More Exploring In Lebanon

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Today we went again to Lebanon after looking over aerial photos in an area mentioned to me by Bob. We decided it was a good place to explore and arrived early and started walking. Our first stop was this nice little pond or spung if you will.

IMG_9364a.jpg

Walking further we came upon and area that looked unusual so we checked it out. There is a long depression and my walking stick kept hitting bricks everywhere. I believe it was a still.

The depression.

IMG_9362a.jpg

The bricks were mostly underground under the hills along the edges of the depression. Maybe the fire was in the depression which heated the juice.

This was the only one I found like this.

IMG_9363a.jpg

All the others were like this and all underground.

IMG_9359a.jpg

And right next to it was this dwelling.

IMG_9351a.jpg

IMG_9355a.jpg

IMG_9356a.jpg

IMG_9353a.jpg

And a newer deer stand was also there with this.

IMG_9357a.jpg

And we visited a nice swamp before leaving.

IMG_9365a.jpg

On Wednesday the FFS burned in Lebanon and we checked that out as well. Certain area's were pretty crispy and we found a few things of interest. One of them I am asking around now to find out what it is.

Crispy!
IMG_9368a.jpg

And it is still burning.

Click Here For A Short Video

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We spent the early morning roaming around looking for items or places of interest and found a few. This one was well hidden until the fire pushed through.

IMG_9400a.jpg

IMG_9397a.jpg

Not a place anyone would want to be anymore.

IMG_9395a.jpg

They hacked away the woods to get a clear shot to their feeder. Jessica found batteries laying around but no camera.

IMG_9399a.jpg