Mosquitoes

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Started noticing a lot of them yesterday. Today they're terrible, after 15 minutes on the porch I'm ready to go back inside. They really haven't been bad this year until now. Anyone else seeing this?

Reactions: Spung-Man

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Thanks - never heard of that before. A bit pricey to operate though, almost $0.50/hour using the large pack of cartridges. The reviews on Amazon are rather mixed, the REI reviews are a little better. Will think about getting one for when I have company and spend time outside.

Will stick with my citronella candles for now, they are cheap and somewhat questionable, but at least I feel like I'm doing something. ;)

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Thanks - never heard of that before. A bit pricey to operate though, almost $0.50/hour using the large pack of cartridges. The reviews on Amazon are rather mixed, the REI reviews are a little better. Will think about getting one for when I have company and spend time outside.

Will stick with my citronella candles for now, they are cheap and somewhat questionable, but at least I feel like I'm doing something. ;)

About 5 years ago we were in the Florida Keys attempting to night fish. mosquitoes so bad they chased us inside. We had a citronella bucket lit. Next day we bought "Off Clip One"... Made no difference, chased us inside. The next day, the manager at the resort asked how the fishing was. Told him about the Skeeters. He told us take the clip one back & buy a thermacell. We did & haven't looked back! We initially purchased one that's also a nice LED lantern. I recently bought a 2nd that clips on your belt. Also, I feel the pads & butane last longer than advertised.

Reactions: Boyd