mud racing may 23rd

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Mud In The Pines New Egypt Speedway, New Egypt,NJ, 5/23/10 12pm
As most of you know, April 25th was supposed to be our season open but the event got "rained out". We did not have a open weekend to reschedule the race so we are just moving it to May 23rd.
Looks as if we are going to have a pretty good turn out. Now that the pits has the hills in and has been completely redone alot of people are interested in trying it out. Trucks with decent motors and fearless drivers will definately be catching some air, however the hills are not ramps that will send you soaring straight into the air. the mud should be nice too. We have a new silty clay that we are mixing to be a little thicker than pancake batter closer to a concrette mortar. The first hole will be 12" deep the second 24" deep and the third 36" deep. The bottom and hills have been made out of a different material and have been packed down tremendously. So when/if you get stuck it will not be because of your axles getting hung up on ruts, it will be becasue you cant grab traction to push the crap out of the way.
We will also have our fast track open. This is a bloomsburg style flat track 160 ft dirt dragstrip basically. this where you'll see alot of rails running. I got quite a bit of guys coming down from New York state and even some Blower cars from PA
The Beater car racing is new type of racing that I'm hoping will take off. Basically get a junk car or truck that drives and race side by side elimination style down a dirt track with 2 hills in it, loop around a tire at the end and come back to teh starting line and this will be the finish. First one across the line wins. First place takes the pot. I have a couple junkyards allowing people to borrow cars and even having a towing company (XL towing) coming to bring a couple cars and take them out. These will be raffelledoff to the fans so they get a chance at being in the spot light
For the kids Danny Durr will have Signature Pats old School Bus giving "Monster Bus rides".
There will be a video crew there taping from different angles and combining our footage with DuQuoin Illinois and Marion South Carolina footage to submit into the Speed Chaneel for a possible Weekly show coming up.

Gates open at 8:30AM for the trucks and 11:00 for the fans. $15 to spectate. All classes will be 100% payback of entry fees. split among the top three guys if more than 5 trucks.
check www.mudinthepines.com for more info or call me (856)-207-0816