Music in the Pines

crazyoz

Feb 21, 2005
Wall NJ
Does any body here ever go down to Wharetown. Too the Bluegrass jam over at Albert Hall If not check it out.
WWW.alberthall.com

Attachments

• musician123.gif
    musician123.gif
    45.2 KB · Views: 452

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
I went with my friend to see the Sugar Sand Ramblers at Albert Hall last Saturday night. The music was really good but the scene was a little odd. I pictured more people dancing around with the bluegrass that was played. Nonetheless, there's some top quality bluegrass played there.

Peace,

Justin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
NewSchoolPiney said:
I went with my friend to see the Sugar Sand Ramblers at Albert Hall last Saturday night. The music was really good but the scene was a little odd. I pictured more people dancing around with the bluegrass that was played. Nonetheless, there's some top quality bluegrass played there.

Peace,

Justin

Justin, please elaborate. I have never been there, but I have this in my mind; many people in their late fifties and sixties sitting nearly silently, arms folded, perhaps nodding thier heads from time to time.

I remember a time many years ago that I saw "Asleep at the Wheel" in a small church in Monmouth County. They play butt-kicking western swing. I was one of only 2 or 3 people standing and getting into the music. It was really strange.

crazyoz

Feb 21, 2005
Wall NJ
I must say the people at Albert Hall are mostly of the older generation. However me at the ripe young age of 22 am not. I enjoy the show very much and I even bring the banjo out to the pickin shed for some fun! Most of the people who play on stage are pretty darn good! And its all non profit nobody makes a dime. It is really a good cheap night out. Its only 5 bucks to get in the door and hot dogs are 1.25

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I went there once. The bluegrass was good. Wasn't entirely what I was expecting though. Most of the music were covers of popular bluegrass songs and even old country/western standards. I was kind of hoping for some authentic, home grown piney music. The crowd was a bit stiff and the whole thing was less informal than I was lead to believe.

Might have just been that night though. It can be quite enjoyable depending on what you're expectations are.

I will be releasing an album late this spring with a tendancy toward a pine barrens theme. It will most likely get national distribution but I'm hoping for local interest in preliminary sales. We'll see how it goes.

crazyoz

Feb 21, 2005
Wall NJ
On march 19th it is the song writers show. In that show you will see original music. Mostly from the people in the pines. I have yet too go to the song writers show but I will be there and see how it goes. When you cd is aval. tell me how I can get a copy!

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Thanks for the info. I will have to mark my calender for the 19th. That should be an interesting show. AS for the album, I will definitely let you know. Thanks for your interest

Jeff

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
woodjin said:
I went there once. The bluegrass was good. Wasn't entirely what I was expecting though. Most of the music were covers of popular bluegrass songs and even old country/western standards. I was kind of hoping for some authentic, home grown piney music. The crowd was a bit stiff and the whole thing was less informal than I was lead to believe.

Might have just been that night though. It can be quite enjoyable depending on what you're expectations are.

I will be releasing an album late this spring with a tendancy toward a pine barrens theme. It will most likely get national distribution but I'm hoping for local interest in preliminary sales. We'll see how it goes.

Thats cool Jeff. What are you doing, an instrumental album; guitar?

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
You're pretty much on the money Bob. It is mostly intrumental, but there will be some tracks with vocals also. I had a guest drummer lay down a few tracks, and I have a vocalist coming this Sunday. I wrote everything but I can't sing to save my life so the vocalist should help. Probably will have some harmonica in there, an old bandmate of mine is a great harmonica player. The rest is all guitar and lots of it. Over 50% will just be guitar.

Jeff