Muskrat

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
Hey Bob, for some strange reason I have always loved them. Although I used to trap them in my teens, for the past 20+ years I have had a picture in my mind that I would love to find a artist to paint for me. They are beautiful animals for sure.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hey Bob, for some strange reason I have always loved them. Although I used to trap them in my teens, for the past 20+ years I have had a picture in my mind that I would love to find a artist to paint for me. They are beautiful animals for sure.

He was a clean looking, cute little animal, regardless of the tail. He hunkered down in the leaves when I approached him. He just crouched there, real quiet, looking at me. I got within 5 feet of him.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Back in the '70s when my Dad was stationed in Point Pleasant we were right on the Manasquan inlet and across from the fishing boats docked. I have vivid memories of looking over the bulkheads and seeing these down in the flotsam and floating collections of reeds nearest the docks. Some would even rest on the flotation and appeared to sun their fat & happy selves. The goodies they got from the area had some I swear the size of small dogs and this is not a child's imagination. given their diet, their foulness and them slipping in and out of site in the sheen of diesel oil that was always present, they were anything but cute and most were not approachable.
5 feet... I don't think so. Glad you had a pleasant sighting Bob.

g.