My bird feeder

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Sweet! Did you have one at your other place, and which one has more birds?

Guy

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
A red bellied woodpecker visits my feeder (in Turnersville) He always eludes my camera. I even keep it in close proximity to the window.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Thats cool having the woodpeckers at the feeder. My wife has three feeders on our small balcony off the bedroom. When the curtains are open from the night before, we can lay in bed and watch them. She put some suet out recently, and it is attracting a Carolina Chickadee. This morning we had the Carolina, Cardinals, Sparrows, Titmice, Juncos, Mourning Doves, even half a dozen American Goldfinches. No woodpeckers yet, although there are some in the woods next to and behind us.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I find it takes some time for woodpeckers to visit a feeder. The chickadees and titmice come right away. Try some woodpecker food such as nuts and the redbellies should be all over. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I feel like I see redbellies more then I ever did before and flickers for that matter.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I find it takes some time for woodpeckers to visit a feeder. The chickadees and titmice come right away. Try some woodpecker food such as nuts and the redbellies should be all over. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I feel like I see redbellies more then I ever did before and flickers for that matter.

We've had red bellies at our feeder occasionally, but I'm also noticing a lot more variety at the feeders. I've been seeing creepers and wrens, we never had those until this year. We also had a rabbit and squirrel problem at the feeder, until the Great Horned Owl moved in to the neighborhood a few months ago. I haven't seen it but my neighbor did. No more rabbits and just a few squirrels left.