Nature Conservancy land transfer to FRM

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
I was curious as the conservancy signs are still up in this area. So I reached out to the conservancy about it. The closing has been delayed and they are hoping to finish by late fall. Also found out ocean county is going to put a parking lot on lacey road for this land.

Reactions: bobpbx and Teegate

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Please forgive, but this is really, really roughly drawn. The county owns the Forked River Mountain area encircled in red. The Nature Conservancy owned the area in fuchsia color for at least 10 years, but transferred it to the county.

1627091309695.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
FWIW, here is what my data shows, displayed on the same map. The lavendar area is existing Forked River Mountain Openspace, including the more recent acquisitions of the past couple years. Not completely sure how much of this is a County park, Bob's map would suggest that this probably includes the area that was transferred from the Nature Conservancy. The blue areas represent the Forked River Mountain WMA. The orange area is the Candace McKee Asmun Preserve and apparently that is still owned by the Nature Conservancy?

So, it sounds like this is really just an admistrative thing with no impact on what is already considered "openspace". Regardless, when all of these are combined it's a really nice big block of public land for us all to enjoy. :)

frm.png

Last edited:
Reactions: WaretownMike