near death

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
i almost died driving back to school tonight.. it was raining and i was in the left lane, the person driving to my right swerved a bit into my lane and i swerved in the opposite direction. my car lost control and spun across three lanes and ended up facing the wrong way on the shoulder of the garden state. i turned around and began driving when the person behind me flashed their lights at me. i pulled over to slow my racing heart.

tonight i realized the fragility of our health, our lives. i must admit that i have felt pretty invincible until now. i think that this is something most young people feel. i'm terrified.
kiss the ground. open your eyes and hearts.

chris

Oct 25, 2006
Great news, i once had a terrible experience at 98yrs old, one moment i recall my dad's car crossing Rt.130 in Cinnaminson, in an instant i was laying out on the Highway. We were hit by a man who blew a red light on my side of the car, his speedometer was frozen at 70 mph.

Jim

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
tonight i realized the fragility of our health, our lives. i must admit that i have felt pretty invincible until now. i think that this is something most young people feel. i'm terrified.
kiss the ground. open your eyes and hearts.

chris

sorry about your near accident and the run-in with the bad driver.. see, no one is invincible - not on the road or in the woods.. glad you're ok..

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
I'm glad you are okay. Here is an editorial from the Times Beacon on 2/14/08 that everyone in Ocean County should know about:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008802130476

good to know. i think my little mishap occured somewhere around exit 75. im not sure, its all quite a blur. my mind was racing last night, i didn't fall aslep until 5. needless to say i am not going to my classes today.

thank you all for the kind words.

jim, that sounds terrifying. im glad you survived that.

Oct 25, 2006
good to know. i think my little mishap occured somewhere around exit 75. im not sure, its all quite a blur. my mind was racing last night, i didn't fall aslep until 5. needless to say i am not going to my classes today.

thank you all for the kind words.

jim, that sounds terrifying. im glad you survived that.

Thanks, the accident happened a Bayard's Chocolate we were traveling east to west across Rt.130, which is a concrete medial strip divided highway,the scary part is when the ambulance to take me to Zurbrugg Hospital, i only had a ripped coat and a bad bloody abrasion.

After all of that they wanted to give me a shot to calm my nerves down, i detest needles, but i took it after they said it would knock me out all night.

My dad at the time had a 1958 Ford Fairlane, ah the good old days.

Jim

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
a professor of mine once said "you kids see a speed limit sign and you think that's the MINIMUM speed you're supposed to go".. i have to say, i agree with him.. .. we all need to slow down a bit..

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Someone was looking out for you that night, thats for sure. I see driving as Russian Roulette, the roads seem to be a chaotic places with crazy drivers who swerve into your lane, tailgate, and speed. That's why I dont drive. Way too stressful.

Nov 27, 2007
Stockton College
a professor of mine once said "you kids see a speed limit sign and you think that's the MINIMUM speed you're supposed to go".. i have to say, i agree with him.. .. we all need to slow down a bit..

that's very true. i will admit to sharing that sentiment. when i see someone going 60 or slower in good weather conditions i get angry..
no longer!

LIP, you're right. this was a good lesson for me.

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
mama

dont know what i would do without you that happend to me once on I-95 it was a miracle we didnt get nailed by a tractor trailer you need to drive slower and get better tires on your volkswagon