Need help searching for snakes

buckethead1019

Oct 12, 2003
I just moved down to the millville area and am eager to do some snake hunting, i've been to menatico and only stumbled across one large black rat or black racer, he was gone to quick to tell, anyways, anyone know of some great spots down here for snakes, please post a reply or email me

thanks
kyle

B

bach2yoga

Kyle,
Curious as to what your interest in snakes is...do you collect?
Renee

buckethead1019

Oct 12, 2003
No, not from the wild, just interested in observing what southern NJ has to offer. I've been interested in snakes for most of my life, and love getting out into the field whenever I can. Any ideas on where to look?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Kyle,
I"ve been huntin snakes since the ripe age of 8,I"m 39 now.I know a lotta good snakin spots as well as the location of at least one heavily used pine snake den.I keep my snake den locations as secret as Ben and Guy keep their gravesite locations:)I"ve caught every kinda snake southern NJ has to offer except corn,scarlet,eatern milk,and coastal milk.Your getting into this at the end of the season.just checked my pine snake den and their were fresh tracks in the sand where their in and out with the temps and their enlarging it.Trapped 10 babies and three grown females their one spring and released them all,their the red variety.My email is Manumuskin@aol.com.Write me and we can do some snakin probably next year but I can show you around now.We go to Reptile sales all year long.Their awesome.more like a large indoor flea market.theirs one in pa this weekend that sells venemous too.You can buy anything from cobras to anacondas.you name it.bringing them back to jersey aint exactly legal though:).This one is in Hamburg.I can send the show link if you like.
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Al,

Your email link is not going to work unless he removes the word "Write" or you edit it.

So YOU DO keep your sites secret! I knew it!!!

:)

Closed Mouth Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Teegate,
yes the secrets out.I can"t understand why someone would deface graves though I know it happesn but I could understand why someone would harm this den.Money!These reptile shows I go to sell pine snakes because their not native to pa.anything native to pa is banned.Those snakes I trapped out of that den would sell for probably 4 to 5 hundred dollars.Hope your graves and my den stay safe forevermore:)
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Teegate,
yes the secrets out.I can"t understand why someone would deface graves though I know it happens but I could understand why someone would harm this den.Money!These reptile shows I go to sell pine snakes because their not native to pa.anything native to pa is banned.Those snakes I trapped out of that den would sell for probably 4 to 5 hundred dollars.Hope your graves and my den stay safe forevermore:)
Al
buckethead heres the email link again.
Manumuskin@aol.com

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yes mount misery is known for it"s rattlesnake den made famous by karl kauffeld in his book "Snake Hunting" 1957.he tells how a local character named "Rattlesnake Ace" almost wiped out that den along with most others in the northern barrens supplying pet store in NY city.I"ve been to the den which is a bunch of sandstone rubble with springs running out of it along the side of the hill dropping into the swamp in back of the ball field at the present baptist camp.never seen any rattlers there but I understand they"ve somewhat recovered from the depredations of Ace.I love snakes in general and rattlers are one of my favorites.
Al