Need information on inflatables

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Nomatter where i look, i can't seem to get a straight answer on using an inflatable boat in any of the local rivers or lakes. My boat is a coleman 3-man inflatable and meets all sorts of standards for this and that . . . but i can't seem to research a straight answer on using it at cedar creek or bass river or anywhere else for that matter.

Anyone who has info, please help

-Bob

Bob,

I don't know any specifics on rules pertaining to inflatables. I do guestion whether or no one could survive a trip down any of our rivers or creeks. I've never gone canoing or kayaking where I wasn't dragging bottom or going over branches at some point.

Of course I'm assuming that you are talking about inflatable boats and not....let's say.....err...ah...."friends". :D

B

bach2yoga

When I was at Bass River state forest I used my inflatable kayak. I was told it needed to have three chambers in order to use it on the lake.
Hope that helps.
Renee

JerseyJim

Explorer
Aug 17, 2003
Delaware County Pa.
I don't think I would use one in the Pine Barrens, not unless you are a really good swimmer, I will put money on it that you will get a hole in it first time out

B

bach2yoga

JerseyJim said:
I don't think I would use one in the Pine Barrens, not unless you are a really good swimmer, I will put money on it that you will get a hole in it first time out

Hey, where you been, stranger?!
Renee

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
BEHR655 said:
Bob,

I don't know any specifics on rules pertaining to inflatables. I do guestion whether or no one could survive a trip down any of our rivers or creeks. I've never gone canoing or kayaking where I wasn't dragging bottom or going over branches at some point.

JerseyJim said:

See--its not really a matter of whether i CAN use the boat . . more of a question about whether or not i'll get in trouble. It handles the sticks and the ground incredibly well . . . probably because its only needs a few inches of water to float on . . . i usually slide peacefully over obstacles that smack the bottom of canoes. Its good and sturdy and hasn't gotten a hole even through some pretty hairy stuff . . . .

But i digress . . i'm trying to lose my "its not illegal if i don't get caught" attitude with this boat . . . i waste energy on stressing about getting busted when i should be enjoying myself.

The boat has four chambers, so i guess it would probably be okay, then . . . at leat at bass

Thanks for offering suggestions, btw, everyone . . . i appreciate it.

-Bob

B

bach2yoga

My kids have used the inflatable kayak and their tubes a number of times on the Oswego behind Harrisville. We like to go hang out for the day, kids wear their swimsuits and just play.
Renee