Needles

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
whats the deal with these needles washing up on beaches in New jersey. Are they tracking back to whos dumping them in the Ocean. I think its a disgrace that they are dumping hazardous waste in the ocean. I read a few articles on this and they have washed up in avalon, brigintine, atlantic city, ocean city and a few more beaches. Anyone have more information on this. It should definately be outlawed

J

jessicalkos

There is a 50,000 dollar a day beach closure fine due to medical and other waste, and the lawmakers are trying to make it 100,000 dollar fine... but that will not solve who is dumping the waste because I don't think anyone doing large scale dumping has been caught recently?

mike242424

Explorer
Feb 17, 2007
Tabernacle
interesting article usafvet. I'm glad people are taking action to get whoever is responsible. Anyone know what the proper legal way to get rid of waste like that is?

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
interesting article usafvet. I'm glad people are taking action to get whoever is responsible. Anyone know what the proper legal way to get rid of waste like that is?
I generate medical waste myself. We have to pay a service to pick it up and incinerate it. It's not cheap! I suspect this may be why we are seeing it in the ocean.