New book (to me)

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
IMG_9764.JPG Heard this was out of print but ordered through Ocean County Historical Society

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All in all the place is starting to decline more than it already was. I am surprised that it still is there.

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
All in all the place is starting to decline more than it already was. I am surprised that it still is there.
The state was going to tear it down but The gun club worked out a deal - they fixed it up and maintain it and are allowed to use the land. There was some squatting in there and some junkies were using it as well

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Mike, your photos are great, but I really wish you wouldn't post such huge images. It has pretty much killed this whole thread for me. Some of us old pineys can't get blazing fast internet connections and it takes several minutes for this page to load. If you just re-size your photos to something reasonable it will still look the same but will load much faster. IIRC, the forum automatically reduces the size of inline images to 800 pixels wide anyway and you have to click on them to see any more.

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
Hey Boyd- Sorry about that I was posting from my phone and using whatever resolution it provides. I think I can post thumbnails instead and then anyone can click to see a larger version.

Mike, your photos are great, but I really wish you wouldn't post such huge images. It has pretty much killed this whole thread for me. Some of us old pineys can't get blazing fast internet connections and it takes several minutes for this page to load. If you just re-size your photos to something reasonable it will still look the same but will load much faster. IIRC, the forum automatically reduces the size of inline images to 800 pixels wide anyway and you have to click on them to see any more.

Reactions: Boyd

WaretownMike

Explorer
Jul 16, 2013
Waretown
I think I just resized them all - let me know if this looks good for you. I have high speed Internet tubes here so it's always good for me

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, that works great - thanks! Personally I like inline pictures in threads instead of thumbnails, but that requires resizing by the user and I can understand it might be difficult on a phone.