New Jersey Tax List Search-new mapping tool?

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Someone sent this to me to help locate a piece of county land up here in Hunterdon County:

http://njgin.state.nj.us/oit/gis/NJ_TaxListSearch/

Not sure if its been posted here or if others were aware of it, but it's a pretty nifty tool. Clicking on any parcel gives you the name and address of the owner. You can also overlay a variety of imagery, similar to NJPB maps. I'll be using it to try to find private land to hunt-no more having to jump through hoops to figure out where to send a letter to asking permission! I'm sure NJPB users can figure out other ways to use it, such as contacting property owners who may have ruins on their land, etc...

Reactions: Boyd and dogg57

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
That is pretty cool especially since I'm a new home buyer with some land. Look at the map i see one of my neighbors was the geno's cheesesteak founder, ashame he passed away, would have enjoyed some free steaks.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is pretty cool especially since I'm a new home buyer with some land. Look at the map i see one of my neighbors was the geno's cheesesteak founder, ashame he passed away, would have enjoyed some free steaks.

He had some issues with the locals and the Medford police turning around in his driveway. If you purchased a few years earlier you would have been neighbors with Boyd. Well, semi neighbors.

Guy

johnnyb

Explorer
Feb 22, 2013
Badfish740:
Wonderful site, on my Bookmarks list.
Checked several recently sold properties and it's up-to-date.
However, it has "Null" on several others. Glaring example: 1,000+ acre, mucho +, Helis Stock Farm on Rte 537 in Springfield Twp. Several others near me, off 206 in Southampton Twp ..... wonder why?
Many, MANY thanks!!!

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Guy, i think he got in trouble for having the medford police patrol his house while he was on vacation right? That house is just over the border, so is mine as you know, I'll take the cheaper taxes, hah.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, i think he got in trouble for having the medford police patrol his house while he was on vacation right? That house is just over the border, so is mine as you know, I'll take the cheaper taxes, hah.

Yea :)

Quite a bit of history from what I gather in your area. If you talk with any old timers ask them about Jim and let me know what you find out. I have to assume you have settled?

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
Wednesday, it will be a slow move in from there don't have alot of personal belongings hah. I do have a nice little property that nearly backs up to wharton, that is good enough for me. That map shows the lot next door to mine which isn't buildable is owned by village properties, interesting.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Remember, in the late fall let me know and I can show you the old gun club back there. It actually is not right behind you but close enough that you might want to know about it.

Oh, Congrats!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
He had some issues with the locals and the Medford police turning around in his driveway. If you purchased a few years earlier you would have been neighbors with Boyd. Well, semi neighbors.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Home-of-Genos-Owner-Joey-Vento-101633638.html

Joey Vento sounded like quite a character, never met him myself. I was on Atsion Rd, just inside the Medford line until 2006. Lived in the area for 12 years, my daughter graduated from Shawnee. But I'm happy down here now. And the taxes are half of what I paid in Medford. :)

Congratulations on the new house!

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Thanks very much. Where has this been all my life? If we can only fill in the void (null).

Glad everyone is enjoying the newfound resource-it's fascinating looking at who owns what up in this neck of the woods as well. I have found a workaround for the properties that come up "null." When you come to a parcel that has no information, the block and lot number should still come up. Note the county and town the parcel is located in along with the block and lot and enter them here:

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-b...s_user=glou&passwd=data&district=0801&mode=11

Go to the drop down menus at the top first and select the county. Then at the drop down menu below that, select the town. Then finally, enter the block and lot. If you look at step five on the page it says "single line format." This means it will just give you the name and address of the property owner. Selecting "excel file format" generates a report with more details. Enjoy!