New Modem announced

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The fiber optics are very promising and I can't see how cable could ever expect to get speeds as fast as fiber.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
They rolled out FIOS in Medford a couple months before I moved away :(

Then I moved down here where there's no cable service and I was told they didn't offer DSL. So I got a very expensive satellite dish only to learn a couple months later that I actually could get DSL. So I paid off the balance of the satellite contract, got rid of the dish and now have 3mb DSL which has been very robust.

But if FIOS ever comes here (not very likely in such a sparsely populated area) I would definitely switch.

Oct 25, 2006
They rolled out FIOS in Medford a couple months before I moved away :(

Then I moved down here where there's no cable service and I was told they didn't offer DSL. So I got a very expensive satellite dish only to learn a couple months later that I actually could get DSL. So I paid off the balance of the satellite contract, got rid of the dish and now have 3mb DSL which has been very robust.

But if FIOS ever comes here (not very likely in such a sparsely populated area) I would definitely switch.

No question about switching over to Fios,i did the telephone phone number availability search on the verizon website,no info on it yet,will call on monday,but for the less fortunate the new modem coming out is a cheaper alternative,and way better than 5.6 kps on the modems out today,but Ben is correct 200%,cable modems just don't do it.