"Newspaper articles" - 19 Oct 1969 NY Times article on "The Wild and Windswept Plains That Only The NJ 'Pineys' Know"

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
It's a PDF attachment to your post, not a link. I can see it, but maybe that's because I'm a moderator? Looks like this to me - just click the attachment to view the article. It says it's been viewed 185 times, so it must work for somebody!

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 3.35.50 PM.png

Reactions: Pan

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
It's a PDF attachment to your post, not a link. I can see it, but maybe that's because I'm a moderator? Looks like this to me - just click the attachment to view the article. It says it's been viewed 185 times, so it must work for somebody!

View attachment 17747

My mistake. U R right it does work. I was thinking - rather not thinking - before that it was a link and nothing happened when i clicked on it. Duh.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This may be the person who wrote that article.

Reactions: Pan and Boyd

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
This may be the person who wrote that article.

It must be - I. Herbert Gordon. The beautifully written article was made almost 53 years ago. I think the "sun-drenched two-pump service station", was the place I saw it off in the distance and walked to after I had finally exited the woods and reached a road, after two days, and hiking eight miles including thru a bombing range ("All persons are forbidden to enter") on a tempestuous cloudy and rainy day. I had wanted to buy AA batteries to replace the almost dead ones in my GPS upon which I had marked the bogged down car's location, but the service station was abandoned. It was there that a highway patrolman pulled over and summoned a tow truck for me - and that turned into another bit of adventure! That was in 2000. I recently found the receipt from the tow truck company.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teegate and Boyd