NJ 4X4 INSANITY WEEKEND!!! Sep 11-12

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
(Part 1)
Starting the weekend off with the annual 4x4 truck show to benefit cancer presented by Misfits 4x4, located in Paulsboro NJ.Alot of the mud racers from all up and down the east coast will be there as well signing autographs and showing off their 1000+ hp trucks. Please come check it out, it is free to enter the truck. Live Bands, Hot girls, Beer,helping cancer and 4x4s what else could you ask for? Also feel free to call me (856) - 207-0816
Saturday September 11Th from 3 pm till 9 pm at the same location as last year called the Rocking Stone Irish pub & grill in Paulsboro NJ, Come show off your Mud trucks { Clean or Dirty }, rock buggies, tractor tire trucks, low riders, Monster trucks, show cars, street cars, Race cars, military trucks, sprint cars, Bring your projects out on your trailers, let them be seen, all are welcome and it's free, There will be live bands out doors on the Rocking stones stage & We will be selling 50/50 tickets and have a donation pot going toward the cancer foundation, We will also have some thing set up to remember Wayne Mcgoldrick {{AKA S10 ON TRACTOR TIRES}} I hope every one shows up to show there support & have a good time, It has been a blast the last five years, and will be even better with or shows sponsor this year, It just gets better every year. There will be 9 trophy classes, Rocking stone, Girls, & peoples choice, Coolest truck/Rock buggy up to 42 inch tire’s, Coolest truck 44 inch tire’s or bigger, Best paint, Dirtiest truck, best engineered truck/Car, and Best of show.
There is plenty of parking for every one, and there trailers.
The Address is 2001 S Delaware Ave Paulsboro NJ 08066 it is right off exit 18 Between McDonald’s, & KFC.
If you need any more info you can find it at www.misfits4x4.net or at
Rocking Stone - Paulsboro, NJ

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
(Part 2) Mud In The Pines presents it's first North vs the South Hill and Hole race. Have trucks coming from all up and down the East Coast, including Darryl Jones with Scooby doo. This is a Tube Chassis rear Engine Ford Ranger with a 540 CI Hemi with a 14:71 Blower on top breathing on Nitromethane pushing out over 3000HP. Definitely an indescribable experience to see that thing hit the mud and 4 foot hills. There is alkso a street class for vehicles with tires smaller than 37"s and mild to no motorwork. This will be held at New Egypt Speedway, show time will be approximately 1:00PM. $15 to watch. You will never get this much high flying trucks and mud, anywhere in the Northeast for $15. More info will be posted shortly on www.mudinthepines.com or give me a call at 856 207 0816

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
That sounds real interesting and a lot of fun, but I fly south that day for a week of vacation otherwise I would love to see it. Maybe next time.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have fun down there. I hope to at least see some familiar faces from this forum there. The amount of time and effort going into these 2 events is crazy.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
My freind Darryls truck "Scooby Doo". Yes it's going to be here in Jersey on the 12th
Thats what 3800 horsepower on the mud looks like:)
14074622-440.jpg

14074648-873.jpg

14074774-752.jpg

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Insane! I guess the truck just skims across the mud with that much power.

Looks like a good time. I have never been to a mud event. I am going to try and go check it out that weekend.

Chris

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
yeah it just walks (hydroplanes) across the top, however the hills make it interesting. Not only that. But I have seen him stop with mud almost up to where his door handles would be and floor it and watch it lift itself out of the mud right back on top. Definately aan interesting rig, built at home in his garage from scratch
16580505-021.jpg

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Is it 3800 hp naturally aspirated or does it have a power adder? It is a wild looking rig.

The owner must have some great fabrication skills. The tube work looks top notch.

Chris

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Hey Mudboy, I'm curious to know how much does something like this cost to build. Looks like a lot of fun and work.
A truck like that you are probably lookin at about a $50,000 motor, $6000 tranasmission, $3000 Transfer case, $4000 in tires and rims, $8000 in axles, $5000 in tubing about $3000 in suspension about $500 in welding wire and gas. About $2000 in saftey equipment,$1500 for the body and 100s of hours. Not to mention Nitro Methane is almost 60 Dollars a gallon, Methanol is at I think $6 a gallon. To go for a 250 foot pass you are looking at almost $100, not too mention a truck and trailer that can pull it. rebuilding teh drivetrain every year and also youre pretty much garunteed to roll it over at least once a year. So your looking at about a starting price of about $90,000 about $400 a week to run it and about 10-20K a year in upkeep and a few thousand in divorce papers unless you have a wife thats beyond awesome. If you have someone build it for you you can expect closer to $120,000.about $400 a week to run it and about 10-20K a year in upkeep.
If you were to do something, You can still have a lot of fun and still be very competitive and skate across the top for about $10 if you do your homework. If you wanted to do a budget project i could get you almost dominating class 2 and still competitive in class 3 for about $5k.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Hardcore! Pretty much Top fuel with mud tires!

Chris
For the most part yes. Top Fuel Dragsters are regulated to a 500CI motor, hes got a 540. They also run about 90% Nitro Methane, He runs about 20%. Thats why they make about 8000 hp and he's at about 3800 depending on air quality and pressures. Top fuel guys also have to rebuild the motor after every pass, he's getting about 100 passes per motor. At the end of the year, he's going to be cracking it with almost 100% nitro methane which should put him closer to the 8500 horsepower level in South Carolina. It's eithe rgoing to break in alot of peices or, its going to take the record of 3.856 sceonds and crack it in half on a 250 foot pit

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Guy, there is this one and also 4 other deaths this year involved in off road racing, the 4 I mention are mud racing. this is due to promoters not doing their job. As a promoter I feel it is my job to keep the crowd at a safe distance away from the action. When you are going this fast you are no longer under control of the vehicle. (thats part of the fun). I will never understand why they let people get this close. I myself know that 3500 lbs coming at me at 90 mph is going to hurt but apparently some people don't realize that and feel the need to be right there. This is a motortsport and deaths/injuries do occur in motorsports, it's a fact we all face. However the people coming to spectate should be well out of harms reach. Unfortunately there are alot of promoters and track designers that don't know the proper way to set up a gaurdrail or how far a driveshaft can fly without driveshaft loops, or how far away to place the crowd. The way I look at it is if you got a good enough show you don'[t need the crowd right up on it. My trucks are loud enough, fats enough, and fly high enough to where from a safe distance teh show can still be enjoyed. Sopme promoters just need the ever living sh*t slapped out of them

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
You'll probably see a lot less of these races after the lawsuits get resolved from this one. The USFS. BLM and other governing bodies will be very hesitant to issue permits. I doubt any promoter could keep folks under control when they are spread over a course of 50 miles, as this race was. It's the same with automobile road rallies. If you watch the spectators in the news video there is a very apparent lack of any common sense. :rolleyes: Any motor racing sport is inherently dangerous, spectators on the race course just make it more so.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Thats why you'll see me doing crowd control. I highly doubt I'd be able to control 50 miles worth of crowd. At my events the regukar spectator is in the stands which are about 300 feet away with a 5 foot tall gaurdrail and a 20 foot tall fence (oval dirt track standards). However all of the drivers and pit crew people are on trackside. No matter what class it is, they are not to go past the 100 foot mark. On the pro classes (where trucks are going more than 5 mph). thats reduced to 50 foot and they must be back about 50 feet off the track as well. I will not even allow a pro truck to run unless everyone is where they should be, including the EMTs that like to park at the end of the track and watch totally in harms way. I feel pretty secure that I put on a show that is safe for the spectators and with vehicle requirements I feel the drivers are safe too, even if the vehicle is to roll multiple times. In all honestyu I believe all forms of racing should be mimicking NASCAR and NHRA crowd saftey specs.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Yesterday I got a text message from a friend of mine asking why our Septmeber event has been cancelled. I instantly called her back and asked her what she was talking about. She explained that on Facebook, New Egypt announced that they were cancelling our event and a few more. This was all news to me. After I got off the phone with her I called the New Egypt Speedway office to find out if their was any truth to this, the secretary that answered the phone confirmed that yes that the events have been cancelled. Next I called the owner of the speedway up to find out why I never got a phone call or email or anything and only got a voicemail. I left a message and still have not heard back. I'm not quite sure 100% of why this happened but I can tell you that I'm extremely pissed that I was not included with this desicion. I'm hoping to find out later today. I still plan on doing something for the 2011 season and have a few ideas on locations up my sleeve. I will need everyones support to help make 2011 a succesful year. One thing I'd like from all of you is to please email the race coordinator, Danny and express that you were looking forward to teh September event, or even just just express your dissapointment. Even if you have never been to one of my races or never even planned on coming. Please send him an email and let him know that it was a mistake to cancel this event. Please do this is a professional manner,, for it was not him that cancelled us, danny is a good guy and helped me alot, but he is the one that checks the emails. the address is:
dannyserrano@newegyptspeedway.net

Thanks,
Dave
Update:
confirmed that it is a money situation. Unfortunately I believe that the last event we had was the one that we needed. It was the first event I could hear the crowd over top of open headers on 800 hp motors. Theres no doubt in my mind that 95% of the people who were watching would return with friends. From all of the spectators I spoke with and drivers, and drivers that used to come but stopped bringing their trucks a year ago all stasted it was the best yet. We finally had the hills and the mud right. The biggest thing that gets to me is the owner trying to tell me that they have been trying to get ahold of me for a month, and not once did I have a missed call or voicemail from him or his employees.