NJ Ammo ban

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Ugh! I cringe every time I hear the word armor piercing said by uneducated and narrow minded individuals. Every rifle I own and one of my handguns will shoot throw body armor. The ballistics of modern ammo is incredible. When will they understand that criminals don't care about laws and it just makes it harder for law abiding citizens to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. Dopes! :mad:

Anyway, all this stink is because of the SS190AP ammunition that can be fired by the FN pistol and rifle. It is 5.7mm and only one company (Elite?) manufactors this round in the US that is available to the public. There is alot of talk by mall ninjas on the internet that has raised concerns about its use. Foolish comic book gossip by arm chair mercenaries. There are already laws making ammo of this type illegal. The new law will ban ammo for what is made of and its coating. Again, these laws already exist. Why bother?

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Remember its Election Year so they are out to make a name. Part of this Bill( ASSEMBLY, No. 1013 )Makes you a criminal if you own a pair of Handcuffs or a Slingshot.Maybe Just Maybe they could try to enforce the laws already on the books and stop all these plea bargains!:argh:

freerider

Explorer
Jan 3, 2008
"Imagine the case of two neighbors, each of whom at the outset owns the same amount of land, but one of whom is more powerful than the other. The powerful one demands a piece of the other’s land. The weak one refuses. The powerful one says, “OK, let’s compromise. Give me half of what I asked.” The weak one has little choice but to give in. Some time later the powerful neighbor demands another piece of land, again there is a compromise, and so forth. By forcing a long series of compromises on the weaker man, the powerful one eventually gets all of his land. So it goes in the conflict between technology and freedom."

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Maybe the weaker man should shoot the powerful man with armor piercing ammunition? Aside from that, I can't quite see the connection with the rest of this thread. And what does that have to do with "technology and freedom"? The strong dominate the weak throughout nature.