NJ Hunting Maps

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Good reference Al.

Google Earth (downloadable) has those on the aerial view. I wonder if they are exact.
Bob I suspect there about as accurate as the tx lines he probably took them from which means they could be right on to a couple hundred feet off.I have no idea why the tax overlays are as innacurate as they are,you'd think they would be innaccurate everywhere or accurate everywhere but on side of a property can be right on and the other side right off.Thats why posted signs are such a big help.I assume folks should know where their lines are though I have seen many cases of illegals posting by nitwits that think they can scare people off of public property by putting up bogus signs.I"m sure it works in many cases.

Keith_A

Feb 13, 2016
Atlantic County
Hey there. I see my site is in question...Yes the kml files that I've loaded are mostly from the tax maps. I cannot help that the tax maps are off, but I do believe they give one a reference mark.

I have also noticed when Google updates their map these (KMLs) need to be redone/updated. For reasons stated above.

Reactions: Boyd

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Keith
I am in no way blaming you for the inaccuracy of the tax maps and I have used them in the exact way you have on your site by making a track of the tax borders and putting it on GE or right on my GPS but you have made it very easy just to go to your site and download the track from there.I use the tracks to find stones mostly on the corners and to avoid trespassing while I"m doing it.I for one appreciate the work you've done on it.I see you just joined today.I take it you had a friend on here that seen your website was being publicized? It's ashame the tax maps aren't calibrated right on.Thats does make a difference for hunting stones but when it comes to deer hunting being 100 ft off isn't going to make a big difference.Just remember if the posted signs disagree with the boundary track the signs are usually right.Thanks again for the time you put into that site.

Reactions: 46er

Keith_A

Feb 13, 2016
Atlantic County
Actually, I saw that the site was being linked from here so I thought I'd look in. I'm glad you find them useful. Actually, I should have acknowledged that from your first post.

One of these days I'll have to update all the KML files. It just takes crazy time.

Reactions: manumuskin and 46er

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Actually, I saw that the site was being linked from here so I thought I'd look in. I'm glad you find them useful. Actually, I should have acknowledged that from your first post.

One of these days I'll have to update all the KML files. It just takes crazy time.

Keith confirms what I have been saying about linking to websites. If a site owner follows his site really well they can see who is linking to their site and check up on it. So by linking directly to photos in a post on this site and not using a link, sites such as Keith's sometimes get unwanted traffic that does not give them credit.

Thanks for the website Keith.

Guy

Reactions: manumuskin

Keith_A

Feb 13, 2016
Atlantic County
No problem Teegate.

Just one thing to note...I've been going over some of the maps and I really need to update them. Their boundaries seem to change a bit more when Google updates their map.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
By the way Keith if you know where and how to download deeds of state property that are online and you have a property you want the exact borders of,send me the deed and I"ll plot it out for you.It takes awhile so I can't do every property in the state but if your unsure of weather a piece is public or private and you can find the deed or maybe I can even find it for you then let me know and I"ll plot it out more exact then you'll get off the tax maps or Google Earth which i believe uses tax maps for their lines as well.